FROM CHRIS IWERKS WHOSE PUNCH LIST WAS POSTED PREVIOUSLY:
Good news – after representations to the mayor and local aldermen it seems like we are moving forward on fixing Davis Square. Here is the update:
• DavisNow Representatives, Alan Bingham and Chris Iwerks, met with the city engineering director and his staff, along with Howard Stein Hudson (HSH, the city’s engineering consultant) and walked Davis to assess sidewalks and crosswalks
• We have met with the ward alderman and the mayor and his staff to discuss issues and how to collaborate going forward (the city will have a single point person)
• A representative of the original brick manufacturer has visited the square and advised us on ways to repair and restore the walks
• HSH is preparing a report on remedial work to fix the brick/stone/problems
• The city intends to start on the repairs in the Spring
• The city has delegated responsibility for remedial action to different departments (Engineering, OSPCD, DPW, ISD)
• Removal of temporary signs and fixing bent signposts is to be addressed by the city
• The city has already fixed most of the tree lights in the square
• The city has re-seeded part of 7 Hills Park
• The mayor has also committed to reallocating resources to do a better job of litter pickup (It took us 25 minutes to personally clean up months of accumulated litter in and around 7 Hills Park in mid-December)
A public meeting is planned for the second week in February by the DavisNow group to update the citizens on progress. Details will be sent soon.
For more information go to http://www.davisnow.org/progress.html
to review progress on the problems or click on: http://online.flipbuilder.com/havm/ixly/
to view the Punchlist.
Want to join the action group at DavisNow.org? Register online at our web page.